Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The nights get so long and cold, the fewer places we can go.

"I'm having myself at my best, this current moment being one of them. I'm proud of what I've done, and so ashamed as well. Do I have good intentions anymore? Are you who I think you are? Or will I just make you who I want to be? You don't seem to understand that I can't really grasp who I am. It feels so great, and I feel so wrong, I can never be one with myself. It's a crooked way of life, one that makes you wish you never lived again. One that makes you realize you can't live any other way. My actions are the glue that binds me from where I really want to go. There is not too much direction because I've lead everyone else to follow. Where the road stops and you're just not good enough, you pull out and go to sleep. When the sheets are stained dry and you wake up in her bed, you get dressed and drive far away. Take the highway as fast as the car can go so you can try to catch up with the self you want to be. No gas can ever take back who you were."

No comments:

Post a Comment